Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My Turn to Struggle

So perhaps it is not my turn to tri after all...

I had the best of intentions, and I still want to compete in a triathlon at some point this year.  If I miss the deadlines for the other races since I can't do the June race I planned on, I will stage a local triathlon with me and my friends.  Why not?!

All in all, I'm okay with where I am.  When I started this blog, I hadn't lost weight in a long time, and I was gaining and gaining.  Depending on the day, I'm down about 40 lbs since then, and even though I haven't lost in the past 6, I've done a pretty good job of keeping that weight off, especially while juggling a few health issues and major life events...

As one thing gets better, a new medical issue seems to creep up.  I'm now on steroids and a few other meds to help control my asthma and allergies which are really bad right now.  I know I really overdid it working out when I was on steroids last time, and I'm going to try not to make the same mistake this time.

I haven't been to the gym in a while, but maybe the steroids will prompt me to get back to it.  We are VERY busy planning for the art opening next week, so it may just be that I don't give my weight loss journey a full court press until then.  If that's the case, I'll live.  I do look forward to losing again, though!

I think I'd like to set a date of June 26th for my local, impromptu triathlon.  I need a goal to work toward in order to get on track sooner than later.  Who's with me??

3 comments:

Alison... said...

Impromptu triathlon?

who are you?

LOL

You have done great, losing weight and not re-gaining.

Good job!

Did you get your meds?

stoop.

Kristen said...

Yes, I'm on all the new meds - don't you worry!

Anonymous said...

Impromptu Triathalon?? I don't think I have ever heard of such a silly thing. I am 99% sure Alison and I would drop out immediately following the gun shot, so there you already win...lol.